Please wait...

Consumer Disputes

Consumer Disputes

Consumer Dispute Disclosure

If you notify us of a dispute concerning the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in your credit report provided by Informative Research.  Within 5 business days of receiving your dispute and free of charge, Informative Research will determine whether the item of information is incomplete or inaccurate as a result of an act or an omission committed by Informative Research.

  •  If it is determined that the inaccuracy originated in IR’s system; the inaccurate information will be corrected or deleted within 20 days of receiving the dispute and a corrected report will be issued to the consumer.
  • If Informative Research determines that the inaccuracy was not the result of an act or omission by Informative Research but instead in the data provided by the NCRAs (National Credit Reporting Agencies), Informative Research will convey notice of the dispute together with all relevant information provided by you (the consumer) to each of the NCRA (s) that provided Informative Research with the incorrect or incomplete data. As required by theFCRA, disputes are conveyed to each NCRA using the method prescribed by each NCRA.  The applicable NCRA will then conduct a reasonable reinvestigation of the disputed information to determine if the disputed data is inaccurate and record the current status or delete the item from the file before the end of the 30-day period beginning with the date on which the NCRA received the dispute from the consumer or from Informative Research on behalf of the consumer.  At the end of the reinvestigation, the NCRA will provide Informative Research with the results of said reinvestigation.  Informative Research will then re-convey such notice to the consumer within the time period permitted under the FCRA or applicable State law.

Please note that Informative Research is a reseller of credit information provided by the 3 NCRAs: Equifax, Experian and Transunion. We do not maintain the database from which credit reports are produced. Rather each time we prepare a new report, we order the information from one or more of the 3 National Credit Bureaus.

To initiate a dispute by Mail, E-Mail or Phone  Click Here