Be a part of a growing, forward-thinking company and join our team today!
Are you looking for an open work environment where your voice is considered and valued without backlash? Informative Research is an organization built on and guided by a bold vision and strong values. Our team is presented with unique opportunities and rewarded for their achievements. So consider starting a career with IR.
Business Systems Analyst
This position is responsible to review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs. assist user departments to develop and manage the solution planning throughout the development lifecycle and independently manage the planning process for smaller projects. The Business Systems Analyst will also complete tasks related to business case development, documenting and managing user requirements throughout the development lifecycle.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Define, facilitate, implement, maintain and support Information-Systems solutions to meet business needs
- Conduct research and analysis of business requirements, problems and available technologies to define systems solutions that increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Use appropriate research tools to analyze business requirements and problems.
- Develop and perform cost-benefit analyses
- Devise and/or modify procedures based on computer-equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and format of desired results
- Apply high level understanding of the business to implications of technology solutions
- Interface with Information System Department in developing business system requirements.
- Participate in user acceptance functions
- Influence final decisions that have a direct and moderate to significant impact on Information Systems within assigned department, work-group and/or business-unit
- Provide analysis and recommendations
- Lead small- to medium-sized, moderately complex projects that impact business-unit operations
- Manage scope, schedules and risk
- Resolve a variety of unusual problems, questions and/or situations
- Interface with Systems Analysts
- Define scope, business-function requirements and Business-Systems specifications.
- Participate in testing and implementation activities to ensure attainment of desired Business-Systems outcomes (in accordance with established requirements)
- Participate in more-complex projects
- Complete assignments that require discretion and independent judgment in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Compare alternatives and make decisions based on consideration of options
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree in Information Systems or related field (and/or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of Business-Systems Analysis and/or related experience
- Working knowledge of computer systems, computer technologies and their relationship to business functions, practices and processes
- Broad knowledge of industry-specific operations, technical groups, systems and their respective interdependencies
- Hands on experience with software used for writing process flow charts, system context diagrams (i.e. Visio)
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to solicit participation and input from others
- Facilitation and Meeting-Management skills
- Basic knowledge of Project-Management methodology and practices
- Thorough knowledge of the Credit Reporting Agency/Mortgage Industry highly preferred
- Ability to quickly analyze, trouble shoot, and correct perceived problems
- Excellent follow through, ability to develop and implement action plans, and possession of issue resolution skills
- High level of initiative, energy, drive and enthusiasm
- An ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
Informative Research is an equal employment opportunity employer. Informative Research does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined under state law, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.