Request a Copy of a Credit Report
- Is denied credit and provides a copy of a credit denial letter dated within the past 60 days and citing IR as the source of the credit report used by the credit grantor.
- Certifies in writing that she/he:
- Is unemployed and intends to seek unemployment benefits in the next 60 days.
- Is receiving public welfare assistance.
- Has reason to believe the file contains inaccurate information due to fraud.
The request for a copy of an Informative Research issued credit reports (disclosure) must be received in writing and include the following information:
- Full Name (if a joint file, full names of both individuals)
- Clear copy of driver’s license
- Social Security Number
- IR report number (if known)
- Copy of utility bill with current address noted
- Date of birth
- Home phone number
- Request must be signed (if a joint file, signed by both individuals)
- Copy of denial letter or Certification (proof) of unemployment, welfare assistance, or fraud
PO Box 2379
Garden Grove, CA 92842
Once a written request has been received containing all of the required information and documentation, a copy of the credit report will be mailed to the consumer. Prior to mailing, IR will compare the address provided against the address information in the consumer’s credit report. If the address information provided by the consumer does not match an address on file with at least one of the NCRAs and reported in the credit file, the report will be mailed to the current address as listed in the credit report.
NOTE: If you don’t meet the criteria listed above to obtain a copy of the credit report issued by Informative Research, you may request a free copy of your report directly from the credit bureaus.